This blog is dedicated to working mothers everywhere.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is coming -- what's your list?











I love these things... one of my playgroup mom’s just sent it to me.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever works!
2. Real tree or artificial? FAKE... first time we have a fake one... will be much easier to come home to after 2 weeks away... no dried up tree and messy needles on the floor. This one even has the lights built into the tree... how easy is that!!!! Alas, no yummy pine smell :(
3. When do you put up the tree & decorate? Whenever Husband can separate his lazy ass from the computer!
4. Favorite gift received as a child? New clothing... I was quite poor... and always looked like Raggedy Ann.
5. Do you like eggnog? not really... the idea of it is much better than the actual stuff.
6. Do you like Hot Buttered Rum? never tried it... probably same as above.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes... but its Upstate at my parent’s country house... it is carved out of wood.... and is set up all year round. I love the way my 2 yr old calls the big guy "Jofuss."
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad... I bought him a sharper image massager chair once... wow that did not go over very well! This year (during our "early" x-mas) I bought a duo present for my parents "THE WAR" DVD set ... they seemed pleased.
9. Tinsel or garland? All too messy
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.... just sent them... always too late!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Board games with no pieces, every year my Babcia (mom's mom) would buy used toys at tag sales... and wrap them up for the grandkids. She had 7 kids... and MANY grand kids... her homeade cards were the best though! she called me UZIE.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th st... I can totally relate to the little girl.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? of course... whoever hasn't is lying!
15. Favorite Christmas Treat?
Home-made pierogies! mmmm
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Whatever my kids sing
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel
19. Favorite Christmas Family Tradition? Stockings Cristmas morning, so nice to see he found my girls in the Netherlands... as there much anxiety about this the night before.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? whatever my kids make
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Both... Catholic on Christmas Eve... Protestant side Cristmas Day
2. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Decorating! I love the way it all looks, but hate doing it!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? A hand painted... hand blown glass ornament I received at an ornament swapping party I once threw. It is painstakingly painted on the inside through a little hole on the top... you have to see it to believe it. I'm waiting for the day my kids break it!
24. Favorite full Christmas dinner? Homemade Pierrogies and Gowomkis and Borscht (how do you spell that?) traditional polish food AWESOME!
25. When do you take the tree/decorations down? Whenever Ray can separate his lazy ass from the computer.

No comments: